Hi my peers!

I am Eleonora and I have been studying in this university for almost 5 LONG years…so I do not need to introduce myself since most of you already know who I am.. :-)
Just to spend a few words about me, as you can read on my post for “e-tivity one” I am quite determined and my great passions are traveling, movies, music and learning new things.
I hope you will like my blog and find it useful for your English; this is my first experience on the blogosphere but I will try to do my best to keep my page updated and to fill it in with interesting posts (and you will have to help me with your comments, eh eh.. :-D..)
Well, I never thought it would be so much fun to develope my own blog... :-) I really had a great time!
It took me quite long to find a nice layout for my page but in the end it was all worth it...now I can say I am satisfied.. ;-)
I am really eager to learn more about the blogosphere and to become an active part of it; it is amazing to see how much material you can find there!

HAVE FUN!!

Eleonora

PS: Please open this page with Mozilla Firefox (sometimes when you use Internet Explorer my posts are not displayed properly...do not ask me why.. :-)....)

mercoledì 23 aprile 2008

Sixth Skype exchange/Wiki Page

Hi everybody!
Yesterday I spoke with Sharon about our FINAL PROJECT. As I have already written here, we would like to concentrate on illegal immigration in Italy and the USA. We realized that the topic is rather 'wide' so we decided to narrow it a little bit and focuse on the attitude which people and media show towards this issue.

Our Wiki page will be divided into 5 sections:

1. PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
(Eleonora, English/Italian)
  • What is 'illegal immigration'? (in general)
  • About Group 16. Here I will put all our contacts (email addresses, Skype names, TAG used in del.icio.us....), so that if we need some information we will find it here :-)

2. PART TWO: THE ISSUE IN AMERICA (Stefania, English)

  • General information about 'illegal immigration' in the USA: numbers (how many illegal immigrants are there in the US more or less?), nationalities (where do they mostly come from?), places (are there some specific States/areas where we find illegal immigrants?)
  • Media's/people's opinion: in this section we could put two links (a forum and an article taken from an American newspaper) and see what people and media 'think' about illegal immigrants...And of course, we will try to understand WHY they have that particular attitude towards them :-)

3. PART THREE: THE ISSUE IN ITALY (Sharon, Italian)

  • See above (PART TWO). These two parts should be as parallel as possible, so I think we'd better follow the same pattern for both of them. Of course, this section will concentrate on 'illegal immigration' in Italy...So the forum will be in Italian and the article taken from an Italian newspaper :-)

4. PART FOUR: COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES (Eleonora, English and Italian)

  • Differencies and similarities in the two countries.
  • Conclusion

5. PART FIVE: REFERENCES (Bibliography)

  • Here we'll put all the URLs of the websites we got material from...:-)

Of course, we can add pictures, videos (and captions) or anything else!

Hope this is clear enough,

SEE YOU!

1 commento:

The Ghellers ha detto...

Hi eleonora! I have nothing new to add. I think that the structure of our project is ok and well distributed. I visited the site you bookmarked in del.icio.us and I find it very interesting. I will bookmark the sites I'm looking at asap.